About the Program
Professional training and certification approved by the Ontario Fire MarshalThe Certi-Fire program has four levels of training and a recertification is mandatory every five years to stay current. The participants can also experience the new innovative Virtual Reality (VR) training to adapt changes in the trade and market demand.
- Level 1: Conventional Fire Alarm Control Panels and Installation of Input and Output Devices
- Level 2: Integrated Fire Alarm Control EVAC Systems and Fire Alarm Extinguishing Control Panels
- Level 3: Troubleshooting of Complete Fire Alarm Systems
- Level 4: Advanced Fire Alarm Control Panel: Addressable Digital and Analog Devices
- Level 5 (Recertification): Update Codes, Standards and Technology
Certi-Fire Training Benefits
- Protect people and property and provide peace of mind protection
- Increase your skills and career opportunities in the fire alarm sector
- Be equipped to address property management fire alarm concerns
- Have a designation recognized by the Ontario Fire Marshal’s Office
- Receive a wallet-sized photo ID and a certificate upon successful completion of Level 4
- Take on more fire alarm system projects
- Build a team capable to perform installation, testing, verification and maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Ensure your team is up to date on fire alarm technology, regulations and best practices
- Offer clients comprehensive and certified fire alarm system support
- Invest in your team’s professional development without involvement with a third-party company
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the value of the free tuition?
A: Here are the usual fees for each training level:
- Level 1: $800.00
- Level 2: $800.00
- Level 3: $825.00
- Level 4: $830.00
- Level 5: $630.00
As of 2021, the above costs include the course manual, plus HST. We reserve the right to change the fees at any time without notice.
Q: Is the program delivered virtually? What about when restrictions lift?
A: All levels are delivered virtually. This free tuition program is exclusive for those who would like to take the courses through the distance learning format.
Q: What if I don’t have access to a computer?
A: For those without computer access, you can also call in to the number that will be provided by the instructor and listen to the lessons, following along in the course manual. For quizzes and the exams however, you must have internet access and complete the testing material by computer.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: The Certi-Fire Program Administrator will contact you about the course start date and other related matters.
Q: Are there program prerequisites?
A: The specific prerequisites for each level of the program are as follows:
- Level 1 – third term apprentice with intermediate trades school minimum
- Level 2 – successful completion of Level 1
- Level 3 – successful completion of Level 2 and a Certification of Qualification (special conditions may apply with approval of the Certi-Fire Program Administrator)
- Level 4 – successful completion of Level 3
- Level 5 (Recertification) – successful completion of Level 4 or Recertification course
Q: Can I register all 4 levels (Levels 1 to 4) at the same time in order?
A: No, you can only register one level at a time. Once you complete and pass the level successfully, you can register and progress to the next level.