About the Program
Professional fire alarm system training and certification approved by the Office of the Fire MarshalThe Certi-Fire program has four levels of training and a recertification is mandatory every five years to stay current.
- Level 1: Conventional Fire Alarm Control Panels and Installation of Input and Output Devices
- Level 2: Integrated Fire Alarm Control EVAC Systems and Fire Alarm Extinguishing Control Panels
- Level 3: Troubleshooting of Complete Fire Alarm Systems
- Level 4: Advanced Fire Alarm Control Panel: Addressable Digital and Analog Devices
- Level 5 (Recertification): Update Codes, Standards and Technology
Certi-Fire Training Benefits
- Increase your skills and enhance career opportunities in the fire alarm sector
- Be equipped to address property management fire alarm concerns
- Have a designation recognized by the Office of the Fire Marshal (OFM)
- Receive a wallet-sized photo ID and a certificate upon successful completion of Level 4
- Recertify every five years to remain competitive in the marketplace
- Ensure you are up to date on the latest fire alarm technology, regulations and best practices
- Offer clients comprehensive and certified fire alarm system support
- Invest in your professional development without involvement with a third-party company
- Help stand out from the competition and build a brand that drives sustained growth
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the value of the free tuition?
A: Please contact our Certi-Fire Program Administrator.
Q: Is the program delivered virtually?
A: All levels instructed through the distant learning format with ECAO are delivered virtually.
Q: What if I don’t have access to a computer?
A: For those without computer access, you can also call in to the number that will be provided by the instructor and listen to the lessons, following along in the course manual. For quizzes and the exams however, you must have internet access and complete the testing material by computer.
Q: Are there program prerequisites?
A: The specific prerequisites for each level of the program are as follows:
- Level 1 – third term apprentice with intermediate trades school minimum
- Level 2 – successful completion of Level 1
- Level 3 – successful completion of Level 2 and a Certification of Qualification (special conditions may apply with approval of the Certi-Fire Program Administrator)
- Level 4 – successful completion of Level 3
- Level 5 (Recertification) – successful completion of Level 4 or Recertification course
Q: Can I register all 4 levels (Levels 1 to 4) at the same time in order?
A: No, you can only register one level at a time. Once you complete and pass the level successfully, you can register and progress to the next level.