Free Level One Certi-Fire Training Tuition – Registration is closed!!
Professional fire alarm system training and certification approved by the Office of the Fire MarshalThis limited-time offer of FREE Certi-Fire Level One Training Tuition is open to IBEW Members and individuals who are 309A licensed electricians, or minimum 3rd term apprentices with intermediate trade school, and is sponsored by Employment Ontario. Take advantage of the opportunity to grow your skills and experience the new innovative Virtual Reality (VR) training to adapt changes in the trade and market demand while space is still available!
- Level 1: Conventional Fire Alarm Control Panels and Installation of Input and Output Devices
- Level 2: Integrated Fire Alarm Control EVAC Systems and Fire Alarm Extinguishing Control Panels
- Level 3: Troubleshooting of Complete Fire Alarm Systems
- Level 4: Advanced Fire Alarm Control Panel: Addressable Digital and Analog Devices
- Level 5 (Recertification): Update Codes, Standards and Technology
Certi-Fire Training Benefits
- Increase your skills and enhance career opportunities in the fire alarm sector
- Be equipped to address property management fire alarm concerns
- Have a designation recognized by the Office of the Fire Marshal (OFM)
- Receive a wallet-sized photo ID and a certificate upon successful completion of Level 4
- Recertify every five years to remain competitive in the marketplace
- Ensure you are up to date on the latest fire alarm technology, regulations and best practices
- Offer clients comprehensive and certified fire alarm system support
- Invest in your professional development without involvement with a third-party company
- Help stand out from the competition and build a brand that drives sustained growth
- Fall 2022 courses have been scheduled for September 2022.
- Spring 2023 courses have been scheduled for January 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will the offer of free tuition end?
A: The offer of free tuition ends on March 31, 2023 or until all of the available seats are filled – whichever comes first!
Q: What is the value of the free tuition?
A: Please contact our Certi-Fire Program Administrator.
Q: What happens when this free tuition program ends?
A: The Certi-Fire program will continue after the free tuition offer ends however, customary program fees will then apply. For IBEW Members, they can continue the courses with their Local Unions, at no cost.
Q: Is the program delivered virtually?
A: All levels are delivered virtually. This free tuition program is exclusive for those who would like to take the courses through the distant learning format with ECAO.
Q: What if I don’t have access to a computer?
A: For those without computer access, you can also call in to the number that will be provided by the instructor and listen to the lessons, following along in the course manual. For quizzes and the exams however, you must have internet access and complete the testing material by computer.
Q: Who is able to register for the free tuition offer?
A: Those who are 309A licensed electricians in good standing or minimum 3rd year electrical apprentices who have completed intermediate trade training.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: The Certi-Fire Program Administrator will contact you about the course start date and other related matters.
Q: Are there program prerequisites?
A: The specific prerequisites for each level of the program are as follows:
- Level 1 – third term apprentice with intermediate trades school minimum
- Level 2 – successful completion of Level 1
- Level 3 – successful completion of Level 2 and a Certification of Qualification (special conditions may apply with approval of the Certi-Fire Program Administrator)
- Level 4 – successful completion of Level 3
- Level 5 (Recertification) – successful completion of Level 4 or Recertification course
Q: Can I register now but attend the course later?
A: No, this free tuition program is on a first-come-first-served basis and the registration must be made within the promotional period. Once you register, you have to attend the current course.