Free Level One Certi-Fire Training Tuition
Professional training and certification approved by the Ontario Fire MarshalThis limited-time offer of FREE Certi-Fire Level One Training Tuition is open to IBEW Members and individuals who are 309A licensed electricians, or minimum 3rd term apprentices with intermediate trade school, and is sponsored by Employment Ontario. Take advantage of the opportunity to grow your skills and experience the new innovative Virtual Reality training by distance learning while space is still available!
- Level 1: Conventional Fire Alarm Control Panels and Installation of Input and Output Devices
- Level 2: Integrated Fire Alarm Control EVAC Systems and Fire Alarm Extinguishing Control Panels
- Level 3: Troubleshooting of Complete Fire Alarm Systems
- Level 4: Advanced Fire Alarm Control Panel: Addressable Digital and Analog Devices
- Level 5 (Recertification): Update Codes, Standards and Technology
Certi-Fire Training Benefits
- Increase your skills and enhance career opportunities in the fire alarm sector
- Be equipped to address property management fire alarm concerns
- Have a designation recognized by the Ontario Fire Marshal’s Office
- Receive a wallet-sized photo ID and a certificate upon successful completion of Level 4
- Recertify every five years to remain competitive in the marketplace
- Ensure you are up to date on fire alarm technology, regulations and best practices
- Offer clients comprehensive and certified fire alarm system support
- Invest in your professional development without involvement with a third-party company
- Help stand out from the competition and build a brand that drives sustained growth
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will the offer of free tuition end?
A: The offer of free tuition ends on March 31, 2023 or until all of the available seats are filled – whichever comes first!
Q: What is the value of the free tuition?
A: Here are the usual fees for each training level:
- Level 1: $800.00
- Level 2: $800.00
- Level 3: $825.00
- Level 4: $830.00
- Level 5: $630.00
As of 2022, the above costs include the course manual, plus HST. We reserve the right to change the fees at any time without notice.
Q: What happens when this free tuition program ends?
A: The Certi-Fire program will continue after the free tuition offer ends however, customary program fees will then apply. For IBEW Members, they can continue the courses with their Local Unions, at no cost.
Q: Is the program delivered virtually?
A: All levels are delivered virtually. This free tuition program is exclusive for those who would like to take the courses through the distance learning format with ECAO.
Q: What if I don’t have access to a computer?
A: For those without computer access, you can also call in to the number that will be provided by the instructor and listen to the lessons, following along in the course manual. For quizzes and the exams however, you must have internet access and complete the testing material by computer.
Q: Who is able to register for the free tuition offer?
A: Those who are 309A licensed electricians in good standing or minimum 3rd year electrical apprentices who have completed intermediate trade training.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: The Certi-Fire Program Administrator will contact you about the course start date and other related matters.
Q: Are there program prerequisites?
A: The specific prerequisites for each level of the program are as follows:
- Level 1 – third term apprentice with intermediate trades school minimum
- Level 2 – successful completion of Level 1
- Level 3 – successful completion of Level 2 and a Certification of Qualification (special conditions may apply with approval of the Certi-Fire Program Administrator)
- Level 4 – successful completion of Level 3
- Level 5 (Recertification) – successful completion of Level 4 or Recertification course
Q: Can I register now but attend the course later?
A: No, this free tuition program is on a first-come-first served basis and the registration must be made within the promotional period. Once you register, you have to attend the current course.
Register for Free Level One Certi-Fire Training Tuition
- Complete and submit this registration form
- Download this registration form: Certi-Fire Registration Form: Level One (opens in new tab)Mail to: ECAO, 702-10 Carlson Court, Toronto, ON M9W 6L2 Fax to: 416.519.6191
- Contact Program Administrator Phyllis Lee to register at 416.675.3226 ext. 8509 / email@example.com